Tuesday 27 September 2011

What do you require academic advising?

From this April I have worked in Academic Planning Center of ICU as IBS, ICU Brothers and Sisters. We, IBS, provide an academic advising with students in order to develop educational plans that are consistent with their life goals with the viewpoint of a student. But recently I am wondering about what the desirable quality for academic advising is.

Here is the statement of UNESCO description of academic advising as an example.

1. To provide students with accurate information about academic progression and degree requirements.

2. To assist students in understanding academic policies and procedures.

3. To help students access campus resources that will enhance their ability to be academically successful.

There statements are very reasonable and they can be reflected for our IBS activities.
If you come up with any ideas, please let me know! Any ideas are welcome because all of you are ICU students and you are the main focus and purpose of our activities.

1 comment:

  1. For me, it is so helpful if I can see someone's (especially those who major in what I'm interested in) sample plan of taking course. But I don't know completely what IBS is. If you already do so, I'm sorry... I'm sure you are a good adviser! Do your best :)

    ReplyDelete